Liposuction has come a long way over the last few decades. Traditional techniques relied on heavy suction which ruptured fat cells rather than preserved and removed them. At Advanced Liposuction Center our board certified cosmetic surgeons use water jet liposuction to gently remove fat cells. There are several benefits to this process:
- Water jet liposuction uses gentle suction with a very low level of mechanical force to remove fat cells.
- Careful and non-disruptive detachment of fat cells means a greater quantity of high quality, in-tact fat cells that can be used to shape and contour other parts of the client’s body. This makes those procedures much more successful because the client’s own tissue is being used.
- Fat is being simultaneously suctioned and rinsed which means less stress on the body.
- The fat is continuously separating from the rinsing fluid, eliminating the need for additional rinsing.
- Centrifugation or other preparation techniques to make the fat useable are not necessary. This saves time and helps maintain the vitality of the fat cells.
- Fat cells are passively mixed in the container which improves the consistency of the fat taken from different areas of the body.
- Water jet liposuction techniques mean less medication is necessary—only about 30% of the amount of tumescence solution used in conventional procedures is necessary.
- Shorter surgery times.
- Much less scarring because foreign bodies are not being used in the procedure.
- Faster healing with no allergic or other reaction risk that comes with using foreign bodies.
Who makes a good candidate for liposuction with water jet assistance?
A person who is a good candidate for water jet-assisted liposuction has persistent fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise, realistic expectations for the surgery, and/or is looking to have fat grafts placed later.
For people with certain medical issues, those with unhealthy or unstable weights, or those with insufficient skin elasticity, water jet-assisted liposuction is not advised.
This is definitely not your mother’s liposuction! Our informed and friendly staff is willing to answer any questions you may have about the water jet liposuction technique. To learn more about this procedure and to find out if it’s right for you, why not take advantage of a free consultation? Contact one of our Pittsburgh area offices to schedule an appointment by calling: 724-683-7581.