Mini Tummy Tuck at Advanced Liposuction Center
Many men and women want a flat stomach, yet even with healthy diets and regular exercise, they cannot achieve their goal due to genetics, body type, extreme dieting or pregnancy. We offer the mini tummy tuck as a solution for these patients, which will help them achieve a toned, flat and slim waistline.
The tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures worldwide, with over 100,000 performed annually in the U.S. alone. Tummy tucks have drastically evolved over time and are one of the safest and most effective procedures offered as it’s minimally invasive and performed under local anesthesia with minimal complication rates. Tummy tucks are performed with liposuction in order to reduce fat without invasive dissections. The procedure sculpts the abdomen and back, restoring or creating an hourglass shape.
Benefits of a Mini Tummy Tuck
- Less invasive than traditional tummy tucks, allowing for shorter recovery time
- Less scarring
- Available to most men and women
- Less painful
- No belly button repositioning
- More affordable than a full tummy tuck
previously given birth and have stretch marks and scars on the lower abdomen are great candidates. Additional characteristics include:
- Excess skin after weight loss
- Stubborn waistline fat that won’t go away, even with diet and exercise
- Loose skin and muscle after pregnancy
The mini tummy tuck procedure takes about 2-3 hours to perform minimum. After the procedure, you should arrange a designated driver to assist you with your ride home. We will follow up with you throughout your recovery and you should visit us at least twice for a postoperative appointment. Most patients can return to work after 5-7 days but should refrain from normal exercise for about 5-6 weeks. However, we recommend patients begin walking immediately to reduce swelling, increase blood flow and speed the recovery.
- Patients must arrange a family member or friend to drive them home after surgery. We recommend this person stays with the patient for 1-2 days post-surgery.
- Wear the compression garment for 2 days without removal. After 3 days, the garment can be removed and placed back on. Patients must wear the garment for 3 weeks.
- Patients may shower when they are comfortable. Baths should be avoided for 2 weeks. Hot tubs should be avoided until the incisions have closed.
- Keep treatment area as clean as possible to prevent infection.
- Patients should rest for the first 12 hours after surgery. Walking is encouraged immediately but strenuous exercise (lifting weights, aerobics, running) should be avoided for 2-3 weeks.
- Patients may be discolored and swollen, so it’s recommended to rest for at least 24 hours. Swelling can last up to 2-4 weeks.
- If patients experience nausea, stick to dry crackers and carbonated sodas. If not, patients may start slowly with bland food and liquids. Drink plenty of water.
- Alcohol combined with medication is dangerous, so carefully follow instructions with your medication.
- Patients should not smoke for at least 14 days after surgery.
- In order to ensure best results, follow all instructions from the doctor and his staff and visit us for your postoperative appointment(s).
After Dr. Giraldo makes the incision in the abdomen. He tightens muscles below the belly button and removes excess fat. The skin appears flat and tight. The incision will be sutured.
After the surgery, patients experience moderate bruising, swelling and pain, but will not be as extreme as a traditional tummy tuck. The pain can be controlled with prescriptions and over the counter medication. Patients will begin noticing results after the first week. Patients should refrain from exercise (except walking) for 5-6 weeks.
What is the difference between a traditional and mini tummy tuck?
The traditional tummy tuck is for patients with large amounts of fat and skin they wish to remove. The mini tummy tuck is for patients who have moderate amounts of fat and little muscle weakness. If you are unsure of which option is best for you, schedule a consultation to go over your options.
Can I combine the mini tummy tuck with another surgery?
Yes, we can combine the mini tummy tuck with liposuction and fat transfers (breast, buttocks, face, arms).
How soon will I notice results?
Patients will begin to notice results after the swelling and bruising subsides, which usually takes about one week. However, with the months following the procedure, patients will notice increased improvements.
When can I return to work?
Patients can return to work 5-7 days after the surgery.
Will I have a scar?
All surgeries leave some type of scar due to the incision. Dr. Giraldo uses advanced techniques that provide less discomfort and a smaller scar.
Are results permanent?
As long as patients maintain a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise, the mini tummy tuck will last. Remember that cosmetic surgeries are not permanent as our bodies change with age.
Can I afford the mini tummy tuck?
The Advanced Liposuction Center offers packages and payment plans to convenience our patients. Call for more details.
What risk associates with the mini tummy tuck?
All surgeries involve risks which include infection, bleeding, blood clots and swelling. However, Dr. Giraldo’s high quality equipment and techniques minimize these risks.
Call 724-683-7581 to schedule a consultation regarding the mini tummy tuck.