In most cases recovery from cosmetic surgery is relatively quick and comfortable. At Advanced Liposuction Center we want to share some ways that clients can ensure the fastest healing with the least amount of pain and discomfort:
- Get the Facts—before your procedure get all your questions answered by our expert cosmetic surgeons. You’ll want to know how long the procedure will take and what type of anesthesia will be used. In many cases you will need someone to drive you home after it’s over.
- Managing Discomfort—asking ahead of time about what is normal post-op in terms of any soreness or discomfort will reduce anxiety. For many procedures, minor swelling or bruising may occur and there may be some pain that can easily be managed with over-the-counter or prescription medication. You may also want to arrange your living space so items you’ll most likely want during the first few days of recovery are within easy reach to where you will sit and rest.
- Follow all Directions—the fastest route to recovery is to listen to the surgeon and adhere to the recommendations both before and after surgery. For some skin procedures, you will be asked to limit certain medications, vitamins and alcohol the week prior to the surgery. Post surgery, be sure to take all prescribed antibiotics until they are finished to prevent infections. Don’t lift heavy objects or return to your normal exercise routine until the prescribed healing time has passed.
- Schedule Accordingly—find out how long it will be until you can return to work and your normal routine. Most of the time, your down time will be minimal but you don’t want to schedule that big court case for the day after surgery or have to attend your child’s graduation or other major social engagements or appointments too soon after your procedure.
- Accept Offers of Help—for certain procedures, such as breast augmentation, you may need someone to stay with you for the first 24 hours after surgery and you may not feel up to moving around normally for some period of time after that. Friends and family can help by providing easy-to-heat meals, offering to come by and assist you with anything you cannot do on your own or to shuttle children to and from appointments.
Fear of recovery shouldn’t stop you from improving your appearance through one of our many cosmetic enhancements. To learn what’s available, contact our Cranberry Township office by calling: 724-683-7581 to schedule your free consultation today.