CAL Gives You a New Approach to Weight Loss
There are so many occasions – and seasons – for which people “desperately” want to lose weight throughout the year. In fact, millions solemnly resolve to do so annually, starting on January first – often after gaining several pounds over the holidays, before which they swore they’d slim down! Indeed, it’s a vicious cycle; but diets don’t always fail because people are unwilling to stick to them. Sometimes, they simply give up when the weight won’t budge, despite their best efforts.
If this is your problem, maybe you just need a new approach, such as our Custom Acoustic Liposuction (CAL). In addition to eliminating body fat, it tones the skin. Moreover, as it encourages collagen production, the firming continues even after the treatment is over, which means that, besides giving you a jump-start on weight loss, it even helps you with maintenance!
What is custom acoustic liposuction, and how does it differ from traditional liposuction?
Custom acoustic liposuction, also known as CAL or VASERlipo, is an advanced and minimally invasive liposuction technique that uses ultrasound technology to break down and remove unwanted fat from specific areas of the body. It differs from traditional liposuction in several key ways:
- Technology Used: CAL utilizes ultrasound energy delivered through specialized probes to selectively target and emulsify fat cells while preserving surrounding tissues. Traditional liposuction involves manual breaking up of fat cells through physical motion.
- Precision and Customization: CAL allows for precise targeting of fat deposits, which can be particularly useful in delicate areas or areas with fibrous tissues. This precision enables a more customizable and sculpted result compared to traditional liposuction.
- Fat Cell Disruption: The ultrasound energy used in CAL helps to disrupt fat cells, making them easier to remove with less trauma to surrounding tissues. This potentially reduces post-operative discomfort, bruising, and swelling.
- Skin Tightening: The ultrasound energy of CAL not only breaks down fat but also can stimulate collagen production, potentially leading to some degree of skin tightening. This can be especially beneficial for patients with mild to moderate skin laxity.
- Recovery Time: While both techniques are minimally invasive, some patients report a smoother recovery experience with CAL due to its reduced trauma to tissues.
- Candidacy: CAL can be suitable for a wide range of patients, including those with stubborn fat deposits and those seeking body contouring with minimal scarring. Traditional liposuction may still be preferred in certain cases.
- Surgical Technique: Traditional liposuction involves manually breaking up and suctioning out fat cells using a cannula. CAL involves using ultrasound energy to disrupt fat cells before suctioning
- Blood Vessel and Nerve Preservation: Custom acoustic liposuction’s precision allows for better preservation of blood vessels and nerves, which can result in less bleeding and reduced risk of nerve damage compared to traditional liposuction.