Body Contouring at a Glance
- Modern body sculpting procedures use nonsurgical (minimally invasive to noninvasive) procedures.
- No anesthesia is needed.
- There is little to no downtime. Most patients can instantly resume their daily activities after the treatment.
Side effects and risks:
- The risks associated with many medical procedures including infection, scarring and prolonged pain are close to non-existent in contemporary body contouring.
- According to numbers kept by The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), in 2016 there were 169,695 procedures performed. The vast majority of reported side effects were minor and short-lived. These typically were redness, swelling, and minor pain.
- According to the ASAPS the average cost of nonsurgical fat reduction and injection lipolysis cost $1,681 and $1,257 respectively in 2016.
- our price list: click
You Have Options
All of our bodies are unique. In some cases, nonsurgical body contouring may be able to help you achieve your ideal body shape. The only way to know for sure is to talk to a qualified specialist. Our staff can complete a thorough intake evaluation and provide you with a variety of options. Once you know your options, you can make an informed decision on which treatment is best suited for your individual needs and expectations. Below are a few of the most common treatment techniques.
Your Options at a Glance
CoolSculpting, also known as cryolipolysis, is a noninvasive body sculpting technique that targets unwanted fat with cold temperatures. Cryolipolysis is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It applies cold temperatures to pockets of fat hiding under the skin in targeted areas of the body. The skin and other surrounding tissues are unscathed by the cold. Prolonged exposure to the freezing temperatures will kill the fat cells. They are then broken down by the body and eventually flushed out through the lymphatic system. Once removed, these cells should not reappear.
Common target areas:
Truth be told, CoolSculpting can be used almost anywhere on the body. Some of the most common trouble areas where CoolSculpting can be most effective include:
- bra and back fat,
- double chin,
- thighs and
- underneath the buttocks (aka banana roll)
Time of Treatment:
- One treatment session can take between 30 and 60 minutes depending on the size of the area, the depth of the fat and other factors.
- In the vast majority of cases, there is little to no downtime. Most people return to their normal activities right away.
- More than one treatment is usually required to achieve optimal results.