Cranberry Township plastic surgeons announce that the latest fat removal technique, CoolSculpting, has arrived at Advanced Liposuction Center. This revolutionary procedure uses extreme cold to permanently destroy fat cells almost anywhere in the body. It has been specifically designed to treat problem areas that stubbornly refuse diet and exercise including:
- Love handles
- Upper torso fat (such as around the bra area)
- Thighs and legs
- Male breasts
- Upper arms
- Beneath the buttocks
CoolSculpting has many distinct advantages to other treatments including:
- It’s not a surgery and is non-invasive
- No anesthesia is necessary
- No downtime. You’ll be able to resume your routine almost immediately. You can go to work, school or do any other activities you normally do without restrictions.
- CoolSculpting is not painful. Patients will feel extreme cold, but after the first five minutes or so the skin becomes numb. It’s a fact that many patients actually fall asleep during the treatment!
- There are only mild after effects. You may experience a little swelling or redness over the treated area. If you tend to bruise easily, you may notice minor bruising. Less common post-treatment sensations include tenderness, itching, or stinging. The discomfort of all these sensations is minimal and usually disappears within 7 to 14 days.
- Fat is permanently destroyed and cannot come back.
- CoolSculpting is more economical than invasive fat removal techniques.
Are There Any Risks?
CoolSculpting is a really safe process that doesn’t have any serious side effects but there are some common and small side effects that can arise, these risks include:
1. Temporary Irritation
The cold temperature used to destroy fat cells may have a negative effect on your treated skin. It can irritate your skin and cause problems like:
• Skin discoloration temporarily
2. Aching or Pain
Just like skin irritation intense cold temperature can cause you pain and aching in the treated area.
But you shouldn’t worry about it since it will go away soon.
Is CoolSculpting effective?
The success and satisfaction rates for CoolSculpting and other types of cryolipolysis are very high.
People should be aware that the effects of the treatment only apply to the areas that are being addressed. Furthermore, it doesn’t tighten the skin.
Furthermore, not everyone experiences success with the method. People who are close to their target body weight for their physique and have pinchable fat in stubborn regions respond well to it.
A role for lifestyle and other variables is also possible. CoolSculpting is not a magic bullet for quitting a bad lifestyle or for losing weight.
Less fat reduction is possible for someone who continues to consume a poor diet and sit still while getting CoolSculpting.
Getting ready for CoolSculpting
Preparation for the CoolSculpting process is minimal. Making sure your body is healthy and at or near your target weight is crucial, though. Extremely obese or overweight people are not good candidates for CoolSculpting because it is not a weight loss procedure. A good candidate is physically active, in good health, and seeking a method to reduce body fat.
Anti-inflammatories like aspirin should be avoided prior to the operation, despite the fact that bruising from the suction of the applicator is frequent following CoolSculpting. This will lessen the possibility of any bruising.
Before and after pictures of the operation will likely be taken by your doctor or other provider to help show whether the treated regions have improved.
What to anticipate following CoolSculpting
After a CoolSculpting procedure, there is minimal to no recovery time required. The majority of people receive prompt approval to return to their regular daily activities. Minor side effects like slight redness or discomfort may occasionally appear in the treated area, but they usually go away within a few weeks.
Within three weeks of the treatment, the results in the treated areas can be apparent.
CoolSculpting has been cleared by the FDA and provides long last results that look and feel natural. Excited to learn more? Contact any of our Pittsburgh area offices today for a free consultation by calling: 724-683-7581. Our cosmetic surgeons have undergone a closely monitored training and certification process. You can be confident about achieving beautiful results that will be permanent and that the procedure is safe and effective.