Bethel Park plastic surgeons want clients to know that the longest lasting results from Advanced Liposuction Center procedures require ongoing exercise to help maintain a healthy weight and keep your body toned and firm. February is American Heart Month and the American Heart Association offers the following tips for sneaking in exercise even when you don’t think you have time.
- Walk your child—lace up your sneakers and hit the pavement with your son or daughter. Not only will you both get some exercise, you’ll have a great opportunity for one on one communication.
- Make the team—choose a sport you like and enlist some friends to form a team. Many towns have leagues for softball, basketball and other sports. Being on a team keeps you all motivated and knowing that others depend on you will keep you in the game.
- Mall walk—if the weather is too cold for outdoor exercise, power walk around the mall. Do a little window shopping and pick out an incentive for when you lose those next 5 pounds.
- Pump up TV Time—get off the couch and onto the treadmill while you watch your favorite sitcom.
- Take flight—in fact, take several flights. Using the stairs instead of the elevator is a great way to burn calories and raise your heart rate.
- Dance Baby Dance—at the club, in your living room or even in the office. Close the door, crank up the music and take a 10-minute dance break for a quick heart rate and metabolism booster.
- Pace on the phone—who says you have to take phone calls sitting down? Walk while you talk to burn calories and increase focus.
- Go the Distance—park in the space farthest from the store or office and speed walk to the front door.
- Water—Hydration with water aids in healing. Make sure you have access to and are close to plenty of water. To keep the body’s built-in healing processes in motion, drink plenty of fluids. Additionally, drinking water will help flush out any remaining medication from your system.
Our expert plastic surgeons can help you decide on the best enhancement procedures to achieve your appearance goals, and you can maximize the results of plastic surgery by making exercise part of your daily routine. For a free consultation, contact one of our Pittsburgh area offices by calling: 724-683-7581.