KeryFlex Nail Restoration is a painless, in-office procedure that restores the appearance of natural nails. Your certified provider remodels the damaged nails affected by fungus, and defects due to trauma. The composite resin Fake Toenail creates a flexible, durable, and non-porous nail which allows the remaining natural nail to grow. This cosmetic procedure is unaffected by acetone, nail polishes, and detergents.
This Nail Restoration should be used on individuals with peripheral vascular disease, arterial insufficiency, peripheral neuropathy, suspicious pigmented lesions on the nail or in-grown toenails. It should be avoided in patients who are pregnant, nursing or known to be sensitive or allergic to any of its ingredients
Why KeryFlex Fake Toenail ?
- Another option for patients with damaged nails
- Provides immediate enhancement after one visit
- Natural look and feel
- Available in 3 colors: clear, natural, and opaque
- Unaffected by acetone or other nail polishes
- Applied in a foot care setting
- Non-porous, which will allow moisture to penetrate between the natural and prosthetic nail.
- Remaining nail can grow out naturally
- Does not irritate human tissue
- Restored nails are flexible to our natural movement patterns
Keryflex is a cosmetic procedure used on patients with mild or moderate impairment caused by:
- Nail fungus
- Nail shape changes due to injury
- Spoon shaped nails
- Brittle and splitting nails
- Horizontal ridges
- Discolored nails
What should I Expect?
Your foot care provider will determine if the Keryflex treatment is right for you, and the damaged nail will be trimmed/filed down as much as needed. Nail clippers and electric files may be used to prepare the nail. Restoration of the nail begins by applying a bonding agent, followed by resin. The material is then hardened with UV light and molded. The nail is smoothed and shaped, and finally a sealant is applied and cured with light once again. The procedure can be completed in 30 minutes or less depending on the condition of the nail.