Genital Wart Treatment
What is Swift?
Swift is a cutting edge, FDA Cleared technology that has proven to be highly effective in the removal of genital warts. It delivers low dose microwave energy through a specialized probe that targets and effectively treats the underlying HPV virus by stimulating a natural immune response in the body. We like to say that we’re addressing the root cause; not the symptom.
What to Expect
Swift protocol involves between 3 and 4 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart; aligning with the body’s natural immune cycle. Each treatment lasts only 5-10 minutes and is what we call a quick treatment: Limited debridement, no breaking of the skin, no bandages. No home treatment is required between treatments and patients are able to resume daily activities immediately post treatment.
How effective is Swift?
The Swift technology treatment feels similar to the pain of a small scratch or injection, lasting only a few seconds before immediately subsiding. Some may experience some soreness after the treatment, but not anything strong enough to impair normal day-to-day activities.
What Causes Warts?
We can find stories and tales of warts going back milenia. Often associated with uncleanness or evil spirits, warts have been a source of fear and embarrassment.
Caused by HPV (Human Papillomavirus), warts are a fairly common infection found in the outer layers of the skin. Warts can easily be transmitted from person to person and to other parts of the body. Historically warts have been exceptionally hard to treat. They are able to mask their presence from the autoimmune system and avoid detection. That is until now.
The newly approved Swift Wart Therapy can painlessly and quickly activate the body’s natural response to quarantine and kill the wart causing HPV. The microwaves stimulate the release of messenger proteins that trigger an immune response. Unlike other treatments, the immune system only targets the virus, leaving the healthy skin undamaged.
Can you treat warts at home?
While there are various home remedies available for treating warts, it’s important to note that these remedies may not always be effective, and their success rates can vary. Here are a few home treatment options for warts:
- Salicylic Acid: Over-the-counter products containing salicylic acid can be used to treat warts. They work by gradually removing layers of the wart over time. Follow the instructions provided with the product and be consistent with application.
- Duct Tape Occlusion: Some people have had success with the duct tape occlusion method. It involves covering the wart with duct tape for several days, then removing it, soaking the wart in water, and gently filing it down with a pumice stone or emery board. Repeat the process until the wart is gone.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Applying apple cider vinegar to the wart and covering it with a bandage overnight may help soften the wart and promote its removal. However, this method may take several weeks to show results.
- Over-the-Counter Freezing Products: Some over-the-counter freezing products use a mixture of dimethyl ether and propane to freeze the wart. These products are similar to the cryotherapy treatments used by healthcare professionals but may be less potent.
When to look for doctor?
You should consider seeking medical attention from a doctor for the following situations related to warts:
- Uncertain diagnosis: If you are unsure whether the skin growth is a wart or if you have tried home remedies without success, it is recommended to consult a healthcare professional for an accurate diagnosis.
- Widespread or persistent warts: If you have multiple warts or if a single wart is persistent and does not respond to home treatments, a doctor can provide more effective treatment options.
- Pain or discomfort: If a wart causes pain, discomfort, or interferes with your daily activities, it is best to consult a doctor for evaluation and appropriate management.
I’ve been suffering from the same outbreak of plantar warts for the past 9 years. I’ve undergone every kind of treatment under the sun. It’s cost me countless hundreds of dollars and hours, not to mention the accumulated pain and embarrassment. I was highly sceptical that the Swift Treatment would be any different. Imagine how happy I was when after just 3 treatments the warts on my feet were completely gone. That was over a year ago and I feel great. -Edwin (age 55)