Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- You work out 5 days a week with specific exercises that focus on the belly and abdomen. You also are very careful about your diet, watching your calories, carbs and sugars like a hawk, but still you can’t get rid of excess belly fat.
- You successfully lost a large amount of weight—congratulations! You’re discouraged, however, because the missing pounds left behind a sack of sagging skin that no amount of weights or crunches can tighten.
- Pregnancy has left your abdomen stretched and loose.
- Genetics and/or body type are not responsive to traditional body toning methods.
If you have any of the above situations and are a woman or man in good general health who does not smoke, you are an ideal candidate for the mini tummy tuck.
What Is Recovery Process For Mini Tummy Tuck?
Just like every type of surgery, mini tummy tuck recovery depends on the patients’ health and age.
The average recovery time for mini tummy tuck is 2 weeks, if you have a good body shape and health then you can recover in two weeks or earlier but if you never exercise or doesn’t have good health then you will take longer.
During these 2 to 3 weeks your doctor will advise you to wear compression garments. A special type of garments made to provide pressure on the treated area for better results.
They can also help you heal faster by improving your blood circulation so you must not forget to wear them.
As you recover your doctor will change tighter compression garments to looser ones.
You can resume light activities after few days if the surgery, such as light crunches!
They will help you recover faster, will help you get rid of stiffness, pain, swelling along with improving your results.
Furthermore, after two weeks you can go back to your work and start some if the daily exercises like running and walking to avoid blood clots.
After 6 weeks you will be recovered fully. You can continue exercises like weight lifting and other exercises and continue your normal life along with mini tummy tuck results.
If you are still recovering from your surgery then here are some tips to help you:
• Stay hydrated: Staying hydrate is the key to make your skin look healthier. It will also help you wash away medicines and anesthesia for your body
• Plan a healthy diet: A healthy for any surgery shouldn’t include any carbohydrates, they may ruin your surgery so you must try veggies and make sure to stay away from sodas.
• Have plenty of sleep: A healthy sleep outline will keep you fresh and active which us something good for a recovery process so don’t feel bad if you oversleep these days!
The mini tummy tuck is less invasive than the traditional tummy tuck. It works best for patients with a moderate amount of excess fat or skin. Our expert plastic surgeon will make an incision in the abdomen and the muscles below the belly button will be tightened and excess fat removed using liposuction. (You can also do a fat transfer and use the fat removed from your abdomen to add volume to other areas of your body such as breasts or buttocks.) There is no need to reposition the belly button with a mini tummy tuck.
The procedure is done under local anesthesia and takes about two to three hours to complete. Patients must have someone to drive them home after the procedure and it is recommended that someone stay with you for the first one to two days post surgery. Most patients can return to work in five to seven days. After 12 hours of rest immediately following the surgery, walking is encouraged, but a return to your regular exercise and heavy lifting should be avoided for five to six weeks after the procedure.
WHICH OCCASIONS REQUIRE A MINI TUMMY TUCK
The best candidates for a mini tummy tuck will have little to no excess skin or muscle that they’d like to tighten for a firmer, more toned appearance. Therefore, those who are extremely active and physically fit, as well as men and women with very thin, slender builds, can usually benefit from a mini abdominoplasty.