Moon Township plastic surgeons want men to know that hard work, stress and aging don’t have to take a permanent toll on your face and body. You may be hesitant to inquire about men’s cosmetic surgery, but here at Advanced Liposuction Center we treat many men for a wide variety of issues. Whether it’s ironing out wrinkles, work damage to your skin or trimming your waistline, we can help.
Popular men’s cosmetic surgery treatments:
- Liposuction: You’ve spent hours at the gym and you’re careful about what you eat, but you still can’t seem to lose the love handles. Our water jet liposuction can eliminate excessive fat deposits in stubborn places. With a careful eye, our cosmetic surgeons will sculpt the contours of your body for a pleasing result.
- Tattoo Removal: Tattoos can be unsightly or just no longer who you are. We have safe ways of removing tattoos.
- Teeth Whitening: Studies show people with whiter teeth and a great smile exude confidence and have higher self-esteem? This can have a significant impact on your professional and personal life.
- Remove Wrinkles: We offer several options for restoring a youthful appearance to your face. Remove frown lines, wrinkles, sun spots and other signs of aging using Botox, injectable fillers and photofacial treatments.
- Laser Hair Removal: Get rid of hair growing in places where you don’t want it with our laser treatments. First, the density and coarseness of the hair is reduced. Then, with multiple treatments, the hair follicles are eventually destroyed and rendered incapable of producing hair.
- Eliminate varicose and spider veins: Broken capillaries, age spots and spider veins are all common as you age. We offer Intense Pulse Light Therapy and Sclerotherapy for removing these from your legs, face, hands and other places on your body.
Changes to your physical appearance can motivate you to go on to make other positive changes in your life. If you’ve been thinking about improving your appearance, make an appointment for a free consultation with one of our expert cosmetic surgeons and learn what’s possible. Contact one of our Pittsburgh area offices by calling: 724-683-7581.
Cosmetic Surgical Procedures for Men
Cosmetic surgery, often referred to as plastic surgery, is a collection of procedures designed to improve a patient’s appearance. Presently, the majority of patients who seek this kind of care are women, but these demographics are beginning to shift. Tens of thousands of men now receive cosmetic procedures each year in the United States and abroad.
The reasons why are many, not least of which are technological advances and improvements in surgical technique. Put simply, the procedures today are superior to their predecessors. Yet perhaps the single biggest reason is cultural. Increasingly, men around the globe are placing more importance on how they look. Many men today want to look younger, leaner, and more well-rested, and cosmetic surgery can help. In short, they’re not entirely happy with how they perceive themselves and are taking proactive steps to change things.
It’s estimated that about 1.2 million American men had some form of cosmetic surgery in 2016. This breaks down into about 10% of all procedures performed. According to the American Society of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) the most popular men’s procedures in 2016 were:
- Liposuction (79%)
- Male breast reduction (9%)
- Nose surgery, a.k.a. rhinoplasty (5%)
- Facelift (3%)
- Ear surgery (2%)
- Other (2%)
The “other” category was comprised of a wide variety of popular cosmetic procedures. These include neck lifts, brow lifts, and chin augmentations. Fat transfer, particularly to the face, was also not uncommon.
Miscellaneous Male Cosmetic Surgery Statistics
To date, women account for about 90% of American cosmetic surgery patients. While this may be true, growth in the male sector has been explosive. The following stats help paint a more complete picture of this upward trend:
- Men’s procedures increased about 12% each year from 2010 to 2014.
- This growth rate rose to greater than 15% per year from 2014 to 2016.
- In the past 2 decades, male breast reduction procedures have increased by more than 180%.
- Males accounted for about 12% of all liposuction procedures performed in 2016.
- They also accounted for about 45% of chin augmentations, 30% of all ear surgeries, 21% of neck lifts, and 15% of all nose jobs.
- On a related note, about 40% of all laser tattoo removal procedures were performed on men.