Surgical Consultation for Breast Implant
All successful cosmetic procedures start with an initial consultation. First and foremost, your surgeon will determine if you’re a good candidate. During your
you’ll then talk about what you hope to accomplish, if this is possible, and what outcomes you can expect. In many ways, your surgeon is interviewing for the job of performing your breast enhancement surgery. Before choosing, ask to see a portfolio of his or her work (before and after pictures). This gives you a chance to evaluate his or her work while also getting a better idea of what you want.
Always come prepared with questions. A great place to start the discussion is a list of questions developed by the FDA for just this purpose.
Which Implant is Best?
With the help of your surgeon you’ll decide what type of implant will work best for you. You’ll also decide on the specifics of your final look in terms of size and shape. Note that at this stage before and after pictures are essential.
During this initial appointment your doctor or their staff will take a full medical history. This covers current conditions that you have as well as a review of the medications you’re on. This includes Over the Counter (OTC) meds as well as supplements. Be sure to mention any previous surgeries you’ve had, especially in the chest area. Also bring up any drug allergies you have.
At this time, it is essential to tell your surgeon if you think you might be pregnant. If so, it’s best to postpone any action until after the delivery.
If you’re considering implants for reconstructive purposes, then much more information must be taken into account. What type of cancer did you have? Is it in complete remission? Did you have radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or both? Were there any complications? It’s important for your surgeon to know how much of your original breast tissue is present, and what type of screening schedule you’re on. It’s a more complicated situation, yet implants can be a crucial part of the reconstruction process after caner.
During Surgical Consultation for Breast Implant ask your surgeon for detailed information on the implants you plan on receiving. Your surgeon’s office should have this on file, and is expected to provide it. Take the time to read this in its entirety, and call the office with any questions. It includes instructions on how to care for your implants so it’s more important than it might seem.
Many implant manufacturers regularly conduct studies which examine the long term results of breast enhancement procedures. Clinical studies aimed at evaluating the performance of new products are also relatively common. If you’re interested ask your surgeon’s office. You could be a part of research which will affect thousands of women!
What questions to ask doctor before breast implants?
If you are considering breast implants, it is important to have a thorough consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure and ask any questions you may have. Some questions to consider asking during your consultation include:
- Am I a good candidate for breast implants?
- What are the different types of breast implants available, and which type do you recommend for me?
- What size and shape of implants do you recommend for me?
- What is the expected recovery time after the procedure?
- What are the potential risks and complications associated with breast implants?
- How long can I expect my breast implants to last, and what maintenance or follow-up procedures may be necessary?
- What kind of scarring can I expect after the procedure, and how can I minimize it?
- Can I see before and after photos of previous patients who have undergone breast implant surgery with you?
- What is the cost of the procedure, and what does it include?
- What are the risks and benefits of combining breast implant surgery with other procedures, such as breast lift or reduction?
It is important to be honest and open with your plastic surgeon about your expectations, concerns, and medical history to ensure the best possible outcome. Your surgeon should also provide you with detailed pre-operative and post-operative instructions to help you prepare for the procedure and achieve optimal results.
What to do after breast implants?
After breast implant surgery, it is important to follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions carefully to ensure proper healing and optimal results. This may include:
- Rest and avoid strenuous activity for several weeks.
- Wear a supportive bra as recommended by your surgeon.
- Attend follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor your healing progress.
- Take pain medications and antibiotics as prescribed.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol, as they can interfere with the healing process.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach for several weeks.
Simply Click here to set up an appointment for a Breast Implant Surgery with Dr. Giraldo today or call us at Phone: 724-683-7581 | Fax: 878-313-3339. We’re located at 20555 Perry Hwy, Cranberry, PA, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!