Have you ever wished that you could take fat from one section of your body and transfer it to another? At Advanced Liposuction Center we can make that dream come true. The latest techniques in fat transfer are safe and highly effective. In this two step procedure, our trained experts will use water or power assisted liposuction to remove fat from the area you choose (usually abdomen, lower back, “love handles” or thighs. The fat is emulsified while being extracted. Then, the fat is placed into a centrifuge which eliminates excess fluids and removes dead fat cells. Now it is ready to be injected into the part of your body that you wish. Fat transfer is often used to improve the appearance of face, hands, buttocks and breasts. Fat transfer can effectively improve:
- Appearance of stretch marks and scars
- Sagging, aging skin
- Frown lines or laugh lines
- Hollow cheeks
- Recessed temples
- Irregularities in body contours
- Skin depressions
- Damage from accidents, injuries or trauma
Fat transfer carries no risk of allergic reaction because you are using your own body fat. There are several other advantages as well:
Results Last Long
The best thing about getting fat transfer is that it’s results last really long and sometimes they are permanent as well!
It’s because during the procedure your fat cells are removed from their origin place and shifted to another part of the body.
You may think fat increases because number of fat cells increase however it’s not the truth, fat increases because they increase their size.
And since there is no such things as new fat cells you won’t develop any of them at all!
Lastly, one thing you should keep in mind is that fat cells can increase their size in the untreated area, if you don’t want fat in that area then you should get the surgery once again.
Two Problems One Solution
Another great thing about fat transfer is that it can easily solve two problems at once!
The first problem is excess fat, it looks really bad and makes you look unpleasant. Fat may lower your confidence in public too, but after fat transfer you don’t have to face such situations ever again.
The second problem is fat transfer, there must be many areas in your body fat lack volume, these areas can include your breasts or buttocks.
When you get fat transfer you can give a new look to these areas and make them look even more attractive.
A Short Downtime
Last but not least, fat transfer has really short recovery, you won’t need to spend days at home just to recover from surgery.
All you need is a 2 week rest to fully recover which is so less compared to many similar surgeries.
How long do the results of fat transfer typically last?
The longevity of fat transfer results can vary among individuals, but on average, the effects are considered semi-permanent. Some factors influencing the duration of results include the patient’s lifestyle, metabolism, and the specific area treated. Here are some general considerations:
- Survival of Transferred Fat Cells: While a percentage of the transferred fat cells may not survive, the ones that do can integrate into the recipient area and provide lasting volume. However, touch-up procedures may be necessary to achieve desired results.
- Natural Aging Process: Over time, the body undergoes natural aging processes, including changes in skin elasticity and fat distribution. These factors can affect the appearance of the treated area.
How soon can I resume normal activities and exercise after fat transfer?
The timeline for resuming normal activities and exercise after fat transfer can vary based on the specific procedure and the advice of your plastic surgeon. Here are some general guidelines:
- Immediate Post-Operative Period:
– In the first few days after fat transfer, it’s important to rest and follow your surgeon’s post-operative care instructions. Avoid strenuous activities during this initial recovery phase.
- Return to Normal Activities:
– Most individuals can gradually resume light activities, such as walking, within a week or two after the procedure. However, it’s crucial to avoid activities that could put strain on the treated areas.
- Exercise Restriction:
– Strenuous exercises, including weightlifting, high-impact activities, and intense cardio, should typically be avoided for several weeks to allow the transferred fat cells to settle and establish blood supply.
Can fat transfer be used for facial rejuvenation, such as filling in wrinkles?
Yes, fat transfer can be used for facial rejuvenation by filling in wrinkles and restoring lost volume. This procedure involves harvesting fat from one area of the body, purifying it, and then injecting it into targeted facial areas.
Furthermore, your recovery depends on the treated area as well, if that area large
Good general health is the only physical requirement for a fat transfer. If you are interested in learning whether a fat transfer would be a good option for you contact one our 9 offices conveniently located throughout the greater Pittsburgh area for a free consultation by calling: 724-683-7581.