What to Expect During a Consultation for Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Considering a vaginal rejuvenation procedure? Do your homework before scheduling, just as you would with any surgical procedure. First find a board-certified plastic surgeon. Check the website for good before and after photos and biography of the surgeon. Remember that advance preparation is a worthwhile investment in your final outcome.
Once you’ve booked your vaginal rejuvenation consultation spend some time thinking about the following questions. You may want to write them down and take them to your appointment.
- What are your surgical goals?
- Do you have any medical conditions or drug allergies?
- Are you currently or have you in the past received medical treatment?
- Are you on any medications? What about vitamins or herbal supplements?
- Do you use alcohol, tobacco or drugs?
- Have you had any previous surgeries?
Your surgeon will likely want to:
- Conduct a physical exam to evaluate your general health status.
- Ask about any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors that may interfere with labiaplasty.
- Share before and after pictures with you.
- Examen and take photographs of your vagina.
- Go over different options with you.
- Provide you with a recommended course of treatment.
- Cover the likely outcomes of the procedure.
- Discuss any risks or possible complications.
- Go over post-surgical care.
- Explain the use of local anesthesia during your labiaplasty.
You should feel comfortable asking questions. To help, we suggest that you come with some questions written down.
It is essential that you understand all aspects of your vaginal rejuvenation procedure from anesthesia to post-procedural care.
It is perfectly natural to have a mix of emotions going into a procedure of this nature. Don’t be afraid to share your feelings with your plastic surgeon. Many women feel some level of anxiety. Whether this is caused by excitement for your awaited new look or stress about recovery, don’t be shy. Discuss it with your surgeon.